As you know upcycling is something I love. Not only does it help the planet and challenge the way I see every day items, it's also tons of fun!
Upcycling doesn't have to mean taking an old item and making it something new. It can simply mean adding an old item to something new to create something better than both.
My love of mixed media and upcycling came together to create this lovely canvas. A perfect blend if you ask me.
1. Paint your canvas. Let dry.
2. Add texture using a stencil and gel medium to random parts of your canvas. Let dry. This creates texture with a translucent effect.
3. Mix acrylic and gel medium together.
4. Add additional texture using your acrylic/gel mixture and a stencil to random parts of your canvas. Let dry. This creates texture with an opaque effect.
5. Drip liquid acrylic onto your canvas while holding it upright. This causes the acrylic to "flow/run" down the canvas.
6. Adhere found objects to your canvas.
What you'll need:
2 colors of acrylic