Reach Your Stars
Updated: Oct 8, 2018
After this week's challenge I decided a better place to keep my goals was a must, so I made this adorable little journal to hold all my big plans and amazing dreams.
1. Gather up 10-20 paper lunch bags and an empty cereal box.
2. Cut the bottoms of all the paper bags off.
3. Cut both sides off each bag so you have 2 flat "pages". Set aside.
4. Use one of your paper bag pages to determine the size of your cover.
5. Cut your cereal box cover out, making sure to leave a 1/4"-1/2" (depending on how many pages you're using) binding area. Example: Front cover 4x8", Binding 1/4x8", Back cover 4x8".
6. Spread a thin layer of gesso over the cover and let dry.
7. Gather up your paints. I chose: Navy, royal, orange, red, yellow, black, gray and white.
8. Paint your scene.
-Start with your sky and sea colors.
-While your sea is still slightly wet, paint in your sun reflections.
-Flick stars across your sky.
-Paint your sun on the horizon. Let dry.
-Add in all of your islands. Let dry.
-Create definition and detail on your islands. Let dry.
-Write your phrase. Let dry.
9. Glue in all of your pages.
What you'll need:
10-20 small paper bags