New Arrival Gifts
New life is an amazing, precious gift that deserves to be celebrated.
So, to honor the new little lovie that'll be joining my best friend's family soon, I decided she needed a very special gift.
Simple but full of sentiment and love...a handmade baby book.
1. Sketch out your entire book on a separate page making sure to complete each page as a separate tile. This lets you make changes and get your story correct before you begin.
2. Cut out all of your pages. These are 6x10".
3. Fold all pages in half and place inside each other forming your book.
4. Using your outline sketch, freehand your images onto the bottom portion of each page. It is incredibly important that your order is accurate so the story flows correctly.
5. Once, your images are to your liking, pen them in (make sure your ink is 100% dry before proceeding).
6. Erase any pencil markings you can see.
7. Shade in all your images. I do this by lightly coloring with my pencil then running a Q-tip over it to blend.
8. Using your outline sketch, freehand your writing onto the top portion of each page. It is incredibly important that your order is accurate so the story flows correctly.
9. Once your sure all of your writing is correct, pen it in (make sure your ink is 100% dry before proceeding). NOTE: there is no going back now, if you make a mistake you will have to re-start your pages.
10. Erase any pencil markings you can see.
11. Carefully adhere a layer of laminate to the front and back of each page. Make sure to put each one back in it's proper place.
12. Use your sewing machine to stitch a seam in the center of the book, creating a binding.
What you'll need:
Pencil with eraser
1 sheet of printer paper
Fine tip pen
Heavy duty cardstock