Life is Beautiful Journal
I don't think anyone can emphasize enough how important it is to appreciate the life you have.
We all get so caught up in where we are going and what we are doing that we sometimes forget to take stock of what we already have and how amazing and beautiful it is.
Don't get me wrong, nothing is perfect, and that includes life but there is always, ALWAYS something beautiful to be grateful for if you know how to look.
This little journal is my way of keeping track of all those beautiful little moments.
1. Gather up 10-20 paper lunch bags and an empty cereal box.
2. Cut the bottoms of all the paper bags off.
3. Cut both sides off each bag so you have 2 flat "pages". Set aside.
4. Use one of your paper bag pages to determine the size of your cover.
5. Cut your cereal box cover out, making sure to leave a 1/4"-1/2" (depending on how many pages you're using) binding area. Example: Front cover 4x8", binding 1/4x8", back cover 4x8".
6. Glue your pages inside the cover.
7. Tear your favorite cardstock into pieces.
8. Using gel medium, collage your cardstock pieces to the journal. Let dry.
9. Using Stazon ink, stamp your images around the edge of the cover.
10. Using Stazon ink, stamp your title and any other images into the center of the cover.
11. Paint your images. Let dry.
12. Tie twine around the bound edge for added texture.
What you'll need:
10-20 small paper bags
All purpose Glue