Updated: Oct 8, 2018
My world is all about color! I can't get enough of it so with my Kids at Heart party coming up next weekend I wanted to do something fun and full of color for everybody.
Ta da! Doesn't get much more fun or colorful than this fanciful tutu. We're gonna have a blast playing dress up in the park.
1. Select your tulle. I chose 4 different colors: yellow, turquoise, hot pink and lime green.
2. Lay your tulle out and cute it into 12x24" strips.
3. Fold each strip in half twice (it should be 6x12" with 4 layers per piece now).
5. Measure the amount of elastic to go snuggly around your waist. Sew the two ends together to make a loop.
6. Pin each folded piece (four layers per) onto the elastic smooshing them together as you go. This causes a ruffled effect. Be sure you don't stretch the elastic.
7. Once you've made it all the way around with your tulle pull out your sewing machine and stitch around the entire loop. IMPORTANT: Make sure you stretch your elastic just a little bit as you sew, this makes sure the elastic still as the ability to stretch once your done.
What you need:
Tulle (1-4 colors)