Updated: Oct 8, 2018
The summer time in Washington is by far my favorite! I love getting back to the great outdoors and the gorgeous sunshine. Here's a great idea for keeping track of your adventures and all the tiny details you want to remember while out exploring.
1. Gather up 10-20 paper lunch bags and an empty cereal box.
2. Cut the bottoms of all the paper bags off.
3. Cut both sides off each bag so you have 2 flat "pages". Set aside.
4. Use one of your paper bag pages to determine the size of your cover.
5. Cut your cereal box cover out, making sure to leave a 1/4"-1/2" (depending on how many pages you're using) binding area. Example: Front cover 4x8", Binding 1/4x8", Back cover 4x8".
6. Use paper, paint, ink, sprays, stamps, stencils, gel medium, etc. to decorate the outside of your cover. This should be done over the cereal box images.
7. Once 100% dry use your gel medium to adhere and cover (this creates a protective layer) some natural elements (leaves, flower petals, grass, etc.) to your cover. Let dry completely.
8. Glue your pages into your cover.
9. Wrap twine, hemp or jute around the binding and add a small bit of glue to hold in place.
What you'll need:
10-20 small paper bags
Leaves, flower petals, etc.
Twine, hemp or jute
Acrylic paint, paper, ink, sprays, stamps, stencils, etc.